Tuesday 16 March 2010

Aftermath

OUCH....truly getting too old to do the 'dance-floor-workout' .....It's day two after the Ball and I look and walk around like someone who has had both legs amputated and replaced by 'wooden' ones....not a pretty sight !!
(With all due respect to those of you who manage to make it look easy coping with such devices !)

Ball was fantastic ! Although the food tasted like airplane platters that had been transported across a few continents before they were served at the table....Yuk !

Start of the night was a chique encounter of mostly 'grown ups'....all dressed fabulously and those who weren't ....well....I just won't mention them ! ;-)

After the dj's made the music and dance introductions, we were treated to a band...and they were absolutely magnificent ! Golden oldies remixed with modern sounds making terrific dance combinations !! Halfway through the evening the 'young ones' joined us and they stood there, crowding the dancefloor yet not moving an inch !! Apparently that is really COOL..... !!! 
I received some 'rolling eyes', the kind my daughter can give me when she utterly disapproves of me or thinks I am just being ridiculous...I think the 'looks' I got from some young girls were meant in exactly that way...then again, they didn't worry me at all, as one day, I'm sure, they too will get those looks !!! And I say this with 'rolling eyes' myself ! ;-)

Amidst my tipsy friends, I enjoyed the dancefloor and made a total fool of myself with my  'dance workout' and plain 'I-don't-really-care-what-you-think-of-me-movements-' !!! (Of course only realising today that my leg muscles are not in shape and therefore killing me now !!) The fact that I had no date, left me as free as a bird...and not feeling 'stuck' to anyone in particular, never thought that would be so fulfilling !

Friends started leaving to hit their beds and pillows...yes...we are all getting older...and I deciced to stay and be my single-self !! I must have looked like a total fool, dancing alone, yet having such fun !! A man at the table infront of me, I think, felt so sorry for me that he encouraged  his wife to offer me a glass of their pink champagne !! It was a glorious moment of true emancipation !!  ;-)

On my way to the 'ladies room' I bumped into some very young guys....claiming they knew me and that I had once predicted their future !!! (Must have been my huge gipsy earings that gave me away ! ;-)) I talked to them a little only to get whispered in my ear by a friend that these guys were truly too young for me !! Whatever gave him the impression of any flirting going on ?! I was in no sense capable of such an act that evening. This was made more than clear once I looked at myself in the mirror of the ladies room and saw that my hair was just atrocious !! Out of pure shock I evacuated the dancefloor and left the building !

My Volvo-carriage with built in GPS-man safely got me home as I had predicted and I enjoyed sharing all my night's tales with him as he always listens and never complains !! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment